The process of choosing a real estate agent when buying or selling a home can be overwhelming. However, there are many things you can do to accurately assess a prospective agent and make sure he or she is the right fit before you hire them. Knowing what to look for and the right questions to ask during the hiring process can be the difference between a thorough, well-managed and successful process or one that leaves a sour taste in your mouth.
Hiring the wrong real estate agent can make your home buying or selling process less than successful. If you want to find your dream agent, pay attention to these rules:
- Build the relationship on trust. Any successful relationship, professional or personal, has to be built on trust. You want to trust that the agent you hire has your best interests in mind and will be your advocate whether buying or selling. When you’re searching for a real estate agent, there are a few things you can do outside of the initial consultation with them to be sure that they are a trustworthy option. Consider checking to make sure the agent’s license is in good standing and ask for references.
- Ask about the work tools your prospective agent uses. What tools and systems do they use in order to ensure your home is quickly sold? Can they make sure the search for a home produces the perfect one for you? Experience is a great indicator of this, but so is a support staff and systems that can guarantee your agent has everything they need at their disposal.
- How busy are they? Find out how much time each week they have available to devote to each client. You will want to know their availability for house hunting on your schedule, or if they are available to show your house when prospective buyers are ready to view it.
- Hire a specialist. Not all properties are created equal. If you are wanting to sell your home make sure the real estate agent you hire has talent and experience in selling and negotiation. You can also check online and see if they author any real estate topics that would lend to their credibility, professionalism, and knowledge.
- Find out how well they know your area of interest. You want a real estate agent who will be able to answer your questions with confidence, as well any questions from a potential buyer of your house.
If you are in the market to purchase a new home, I will be glad to assist you. To get started feel free to call me at (214) 642-1375 or complete the form below.